Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fashion Rules From the BBC





Hey. Just before I start, let me say that I don't usually pay much attention to fashion "rules" since I think they're entirely too restrictive and then to prefer just to go with my instinct. So anyways, I was poking around on the website for the BBC version of "What Not to Wear" (The TLC version was one of my favorite shows when I had cable). Anyway, I stumbled across some rules and wanted to ask what everyone else thought. This is a direct quote from their website: "Combining black with bright colours makes the black look boring and the colours look cheap." Am I crazy and unfashionable for liking the contrast of black and brights? I mean, I know it can be done wrong, but then so can everything and they don't make fashion rules against everything. Please, tell me what you think. Are black and brights cheap looking together? I added some photos to give you an idea of what I'm talking about (and I like pictures, the one on the right is Miu Miu as well!).


2 comments:

Ella Gregory said...

The first picture I don't like but the red and black and yellow and black at the bottom looks ok

Anonymous said...

very good