Thursday, January 29, 2009

Couture

First of all, I want to thank janettaylor for giving me a lovely award!

There are some rules that go with it, so here they are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs (gah, ten is a lot!) that you think are fabulous
3. Link nominees within your post
4. Comment on the nominee's blog to let them know you think they are fabulous
5. Link back to the wonderful person who gave you the award

Ten is a big number, but here is a list of deserving blogs (sorry if you've already won it, but take is as confirmation that you are indeed wonderful!):
The Stiletto Effect
The House of Style
Fashion Daydreams
Couture Carrie
KiraFashion
Qin at the Disco
Philosophy of a Fashionista
What happens in Vegas...
Daisy Chain Dreams
Fashion Chalet

And on a completely different note, couture! As I've said before, couture shows are by far my favourite. In the fall, Dior amazed me and this season, Galliano has done it again! Absolutely stunning!
Another favourite was Chanel, Lagerfeld always knows what he is doing. I like the simple white of the collection.
Apart from these two couture heavy weights, I also liked some of the creations put down the runway by Elie Saab. (photos from style.com)

13 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Hehe! Congratulations, darling! :)

You totally deserves it!

xoxo: Janet

Kira Aderne said...

Meg!

What an honor to be nominated here! I love all the blogs you indicated here...I feel so lucky!
Thanks a lot for making my day :)
I am so happy!!!

You are fantastic!
a kiss,
see you,
Kira

FASHION CHALET said...

Beautioful photos and thank youuu for the award, love it and love you for thinking of me. =]

xxxxx

yiqin; said...

Thanks so much for awarding me! :) Totally love couture week :D

Couture Carrie said...

Oh darling thank you!! I am incredibly honored, particularly to be among such fabulous bloggers and photos of haute couture. That white Dior gown with the blue flowers has me reeling!

xoxox,
CC

Angela said...

adore adore dior....

Baybay Mama said...

Congrats on teh award. Dior's collection was so beautiful!

giggleness said...

woah. christian dior. those are gorgeous.

Susana Rodrigues said...

Thx so much for the award :) I really appreciate it!
I'll post it asap :)
Love
Su

Paul Pincus said...

this collection was genius!

Marian said...

Galliano is simpy genius. so talented! my sweet congrats on the award,so deserved. thank you for passing it on to me.so honored.
muah x
marian

Reena Rai said...

Congratulations darling, and thank you so much! Love your coverage, esp the Elie Saab pics, I didn't cover that show at all. I loved Chanel and Dior

TheMinx said...

I loved the Dior show, it was magical. And the grey elie saab number is really beautiful also.