Saturday, January 22, 2011

Golden Globes

So, I'm always a little behind, but here's my picks from the Golden Globes. And the outfits I wondered about. As usual, there was a few really beautiful gowns and a few that made me shake my head. Mainly, Helena Bonham Carter. Don't get me wrong, I love her as a actress, but she honestly looks a little insane. Like she's still being Bellatrix Lestrange. The dress matched with her hair makes her look crazy and her shoes don't match. But maybe that's what she was going for.

On the flip side, I have a confession to make. I don't like Justin Bieber. I find his songs very annoying, though less annoying than his hair and the fact that they make toddler nighties with his face on them. That said, I thought he looked good at the Golden Globes. His hair looked more normal than usual and I like his vest.

Lea Michele. She looks great, but why does she look so damn spoiled. I mean, she's on a red carpet, living thousands of people's dream. So smile already.

Here's the rest of the looks I liked. Who was your favourite? (Photos from style.com)

11 comments:

Jessica said...

My favorites of the night were Ann Hathaway and Claire Danes. I loved their simple silhouettes.

ellie said...

Some very pretty dresses. Love Justin's shoes.

lucy and sarah said...

These were such lovely dress. Glad you showed the flipped side too.

cait said...

I had no idea about Helen's shoes. Wow.

molly said...

Justin does look cute. Wish I could stand him too.

So many lovelies.

better days said...

I like who you spotlighted in the Globes.

Couture Carrie said...

I don't care for Justin either...

But these ladies look lovely!

xoxox,
CC

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I actually thought Helena Bonham Carter was being who she is. She's always dressed as a quirky character. She's eccentric but that's what I like about her. My other favorite dresses were Angelina and Leighton :-) xoxoxoo

Unknown said...

Justin does look quite fetching! Love that hunter green on Michael Douglas' wife.

Schnappy said...

Wow, what a wonderful dresses! :)

Fashion Allure said...

I love a simple outfit with a great hair-do! You look fabulous!!